Wednesday 24 June 2015

TTS: Interludes of Life

10:14 a.m., Wednesday, 7 January 2015



Frozen.

My pen sits at the face of this of this page and I freeze.

I’m frozen.

I’m mentally leaking uncontrollably with thoughts, ideas, emotions and I can’t put a single fucking one down.

I write shit. I am shit.

Wait, I didn’t actually mean to think that; it just slipped out. Half the time, I do feel like it though. Like when I mean to write something, and I freeze. Like now – right now.

Froze.

I’m frozen again.

Why can’t I simply put one indispensable thought out there; I just might have something worth reading. Ah, here’s one:
Ever felt like you took up too much space in an empty room… Or breathed in too much free oxygen… Or were the accidental elephant in the room? Ever felt like you’d much rather be invisible? Not in an I-should-die-right-now-and-cease-to-exist-any-longer kind of way, but in an (… there I go, thinking too hard again)… in an I-want-to-be-seen-and-heard-only-when-it’s-necessary type of way. Like acknowledging the intriguing painting on the wall that’s gone a little skew and needs your attention just to be corrected. But I don’t always feel that way, which is strange for a Leo, I know. Sometimes, I feign to busk as the centre of attention in many a public area. I feel the need to make it known that there’s more to this isolated damsel than the paralysing shyness that usually plagues her. I want to be acknowledged without being seen and invisible without being ignored. Makes sense? Sure it does – at least in my mind’s part of the world.

My love and fear of people has always shared a strange and complex relationship. As much as they intrigue me and easily win my adoration and empathy, I fear their need for constant social interaction, consistent support and undivided attention. Don’t misinterpret what I am saying; what I mean is, as much as I am a loving, caring, friendly, affectionate human being who enjoys the company of people, all their differences and entertaining them, for the most part, I enjoy being alone. In my own space. With my own thoughts. Yes, this largely contributes to my usually overbearingly obvious social inadequacies when I am in small, and dreadfully large groups of people. It’s something I try to change and conceal every now and then, but I’m not convinced I have to anymore. How much of a tsunami is it if I consciously choose to love people wholeheartedly, from a distance? Am I being ridiculous for wanting to keep me to myself and a select few? Could I be obnoxious for not letting ‘my true self’ shine through for everyone, every day, instead of just a select few close companions? But then, what if my true self is a quiet person who prefers to have her talents and skills do all the talking; what if she naturally doesn’t feel the need to voice her opinions verbally ever so often? What if at times – if not in most instances, she’d rather not have an opinion? What if she doesn’t want to feel the need to care, or feel guilty, or responsible for ‘holding back?' I don’t want to always feel this obsessively compulsive in my life, but what if it works for me? What if, to a certain extent, my paranoia is a cure for the imputed reality I try desperately hard to escape daily? As much as I try to keep ‘normal’, I’m pathetic at reality – boy, if you could see the reality distortion field I’ve managed to get myself caught in… It’s insane.


But I love it. 

Apart from addressing the daily struggles of who I am, what fulfills me and where I want to be, I struggle to accept my assigned place in the world. Maybe these are just the not-so-important challenges of being young. Maybe I could be more at ease if I stopped insisting on trying to change the axis of the world; on being an irregular inconsistency in society's book. But that's as foreign to me as flying dicks. Oh, excuse me, have I not introduced you to the vulgarities of my complex personality? Well, grab a chair and a beer and feel free to make use of the melting ice that's left me unfozen. It's good to know there's working in this pen; I've come undone.

No comments:

Post a Comment