Saturday 27 June 2015

TTS: Interludes of Life

23:25 p.m., Saturday, 27 June 2015

I should be writing.

I've got a trial for a promising opportunity, and I should be compiling sample articles and whatever, but I'm not. I'm exhausted, actually. And slightly tipsy from an occasional bottle of rosé.

I have tons of research from the past three days, and a plentitude of ideas to execute; guess I'll do that first thing tomorrow morning. Or later before I turn in for the night. Truth be told, it's flipping exciting, but I'm quite nervous. I'm stumped because opportunities like these are usually only open to people with the right degree or qualification, and all I have is autodidactation... but I guess that's more than enough -- I mean, look where I stand now. I just hope I can deliver at the writing standards of this prestigious company. Why I always feel incompetent whenever I think something's far too good for me, I have no idea. But I believe this opportunity was given to me for a reason, and I'm taking it -- even if my hands are trembling.

My awesome meeting with J and M today gave me the silent inspiration I needed to realise no dream is too big; even for someone like me, who tends to second guess her talent at every turn.

Ain't no time for that though, honey, you've got work to do.

I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment