Tuesday 9 August 2016

TTS: Interludes of Life

20:33 p.m., Tuesday, 9 August 2016

I'm probably one of the biggest fools on the planet. 

Were it not for my stupidity, today, I could've been Mrs So-and-So – the esteemed concubine of a multi-millionaire polygamist. Never having to work another day in my life. Instead, I choose to run for the 07h00 bus to work on most mornings. I could've still been in a relationship with a man who insists on buying me anything my heart desires, but I'm hung up on handwritten letters and impossible gifts – like books, and time. I could've lived by that other one's rules to keep him happy, but my abstract way of thinking would never let me. I could be less complex for the men who claim to love me, but I don't know any better.

I'm a fool.

A hopelessly simple girl.

And simple girls usually aren't easily tamed.


- Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment