Tuesday 16 August 2016

TTS: Interludes of Life

12:19 p.m., Tuesday, 16 August 2016

I left Half of a Yellow Sun behind at work yesterday.

Damn it.

So heartbreaking. I was on my way home when I realised I hadn’t taken it off of the shelf next to my desk. (That anxiety creeps in when I'm engrossed in a good book.) I contemplated getting out of my usual ride home to go back for it, but didn’t for lack of a better reason. It kept me unsettled for most of the night. My poor book, all alone, with no one to peruse and embrace it. I should’ve put it in my bag. I should’ve left it on my desk where it would’ve jumped out at me before leaving. I should’ve… But I didn’t. I’ll admit that I may be a tad too attached to my books. Even the not-so-good ones. This might be the perfect time to exercise my detachment, non-judgement and inner-nonresistance. I think I’ve done a pretty OK job so far, but there’s always room for improvement.

On that note: I meditated again this Sunday after eons. For about 20 minutes. It was a brief but nourishing taste of serenity. My mind was typically restless, but I was able to maintain a certain level of focus throughout. It still helped. A lot. Very often, when I feel I’ve neglected myself, going within myself is the best fix. It’s a cure for any disease really: Failure, disaster, sickness. Men. I’m asking myself why I don’t do it regularly since it works.

Don’t have an answer.

I just overthink it, I guess.


- Trace

No comments:

Post a Comment