Saturday 3 September 2016

TTS: Interludes of Life

12:59 p.m., Saturday, 3 September 2016
VOW

I can't remember the last time I was intimate with my bed since August commenced. I mean lazing about, with two or so books lingering some place between my comforter and pillows -- just the way I like it. Having absolutely nothing to do is a bliss. Truth be told, I haven't given my reading as much attention as I should. I seem to always be rushing through pages, and reading only on my way to, and occasionally from work. There's just so much to read, and I'm impatient to get through the best stuff. In 2014, I read 42 books. This year, I've barely finished six. It's embarrassing, really, and tarnishing to my competitive spirit. It's not too late, though, I can still catch up once things go back to normal.

I must say, I'm enjoying all the sequential outdoor activity. It's wonderful meeting new people, so is shyly ogling at a gorgeous, secretly flirtatious man before he offers to buy me a drink. And we ogle more tonight at RMBA in Newtown! I'm more excited for tomorrow's one with Black Coffee at Zone 6 in Soweto. I've never seen him live, and I'm in no way an ardent fan, but his music tends to have a strong hold over me.

Again, I gotta go. Got a braai in Greenstone to attend first.

No comments:

Post a Comment