Monday 15 February 2016

TTS: Interludes of Life

TTS: Interludes of Life

22:42p.m., Monday, 15 February 2016

This has had to be one of the bluest Mondays I've had in years. Borderline Black Monday, actually. I feel overworked, overwhelmed, misunderstood and underappreciated. Go ahead and call me a big baby, but it's not often that I complain, and when I do, I like to let all the emotional burdens go.

You've probably guessed it: my skies were covered in  grey clouds for some time because I'm missing my sunshine.

Precious.

I miss her always, but during times like this, I miss her most. I'd just love to sit in silence with her, cuddled in her loving embrace. As silly as it seems, I'm still mildly in disbelief that it's almost been five years since I last heard her voice or popped her an email. Each day, more and more -- as a young, independent woman who's become the proud epitome of her mother, I wish I had the opportunity to wrap my arms around her and tell her, "I'm sorry; I understand now. I understand you and your decisions. I understand more than ever. And I'm sorry I'll never get the chance to make it up to you. I love you. Even when I sometimes feel like you bailed out on us... I love you dearly. And I understand. I understand you more than ever."

I need to sleep -- to rest my tear ducts a little. Hopefully, these clouds would've shifted by morning to let in some much-needed light.

No comments:

Post a Comment