Tuesday 16 February 2016

TTS: Interludes of Life

21:59p.m., Tuesday, 16 February 2016

I should be writing.

But I've been researching since I left the office. It's the perfectionist in me -- she won't rest until it feels "just right". This isn't exactly the time to be delaying though; I have a deadline tomorrow. Yikes!

On the topic of work things... did I mention that I've serendipitously been working with "my ex"? My first boyfriend, that is... he was my first-kiss and all. It was the strangest thing. Three weeks ago, as I was typing away at my desk, he casually waltzed into the office -- causing me to lose balance of my chair after recognising him and almost falling. He was taken aback, too; we were both utterly gobsmacked to see each other. After nine years. Where we least expected. (I secretly spent a moment thanking my lucky stars our "breakup" wasn't a bitterly bad one, otherwise this working period was bound to be a nightmare.) My colleague and mentor has taken to calling him "Karma", because she's convinced there's a karmic reason we found ourselves in the same space every day again. (I just think it mere coincidence. We don't want to get back into the habit of reading too much into things, now, do we?) She's a lovely, funny soul, that one. Anyway, it's been good seeing, and sort of working with him after all that time. I'll be woman enough to admit that I snuck peaks at his behind every time he walked past my desk. He's still got those deathby--chocolate-man brackets! Jee. Sus.

While I remain rooted at the office, he gets to travel everywhere  Bummer. I still love my job though.

So long, Karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment