Sunday 14 February 2016

What I Like About You

You know what you want.
You're not afraid to make clear what it is you want with, and from me -- even from the beginning.

You're ready to love.
As terrifying as it is leaving your heart in someone else's hands, you've learnt to trust me with yours, and you don't make me feel guilty for how I feel at any time -- be it good or bad.

You accept my complex personality.
To my advantage, you've been able distinguish the difference between complex and complicated, and you find the beauty in that complexity (as much of a pain it can it be identifying it at times).

You try.
Going out of your way to make my day or to make up for something: priceless.

You forgive me when I screw up.
Surprise: I'm not as perfect as I seem! Yes, you know this, and you don't make it a point of reminding me about it at every turn.

You have a hearty sense of humour.
Your laughter is life, and so is your ability to laugh things off.

You're creative and spontaneous you.
It's no secret: I'm a cheap date who's easily impressed but not easily won over. When I least expect it, there you are, effortlessly putting a smile on my face. I'm not into big fancy or expensive love gestures (although I would never rule them out!), so I appreciate the simple things you do more than you know. 

You put up with my long texts and hand-written letters.
You know how sentimental I am and how much I love these, so I enjoy them even more when they're from you.

You educate yourself.
There's nothing I find sexier than a man who reads; who's constantly working towards being better than he was yesterday -- physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally.

You're unapologetically you.
In a world that's got it mapped out what we're all supposed to be like, you've made peace with how different you are, how you think and what you want for yourself -- challenging convention and withstanding the backlash that comes with challenging it.

You accept my nauseating honesty.
I can be abnormally blunt, which pushes some people away, but has seemingly brought you closer.

I'm a complete weirdo.
Sometimes, I just don't know what to do with myself, or I find fitting in impossibly hard. (I swear, I don't always get away with "normal".) And you still like me regardless.

You love with all you are.
Your kindness, your thoughtfulness and your sincerity take my breath away -- living every bit in the moment and not saving anything for a future that may never come.

You make my world a brighter place.

Whether it's a blinking moment or a century, here's to a lifetime of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment