Wednesday 8 July 2015

TTS: Project NEXT: Photo Shoot


10:01 a.m., Wednesday, 8 July 2015

I thought I wasn't going to make this a blog for pictures -- like I did with my Tumblr blog, but sometimes, I just can't help it.

I had a shoot taken in May for Project NEXT, courtesy of my good friend and talented writer, academic, photographer-extraordinaire, Nyembezi 'Bezi' Phiri. I felt a little out of place being in front of, and not behind the camera, but it was great fun (put aside the bone-chilling weather). Bezi has a fantastic eye for detail, and she did an incredible job on all the shots (three cheers and a bottle of champagne for her!). We used three locations, but I'll give you a sneak peak of a few from the first one -- you'll have to wait a little longer to see the others. :)

Photographer: Nyembezi 'Bezi' Phiri
Location: Newton, Johannesburg
And this, friends, is the money shot. :) 

Photographer: Nyembezi 'Bezi' Phiri
Location: Newton, Johannesburg
Quite a few people have asked me about this top and where I got it; honestly, I inherited it from my aunt years ago, and I doubt she remembers.


Photographer: Nyembezi 'Bezi' Phiri
Location: Newton, Johannesburg
I'm always smiling in pictures, so I find this picture -- along with the beautiful use of colour and location -- refreshingly different. 
Photographer: Nyembezi 'Bezi' Phiri
Location: Newton, Johannesburg

I like how my shadow complements me in this one.

Photographer: Nyembezi 'Bezi' Phiri
Location: Newton, Johannesburg

Photographer: Nyembezi 'Bezi' Phiri
Location: Newton, Johannesburg
Yes... I do have a belly-button ring...

Photographer: Nyembezi 'Bezi' Phiri
Location: Newton, Johannesburg
The sun came out perfectly just as we took this shot. It had been playing hide-and-seek all morning, but finally graced us with its presence long enough to get the perfect one.


Photographer: Nyembezi 'Bezi' Phiri
Location: Newton, Johannesburg

Distinctly one of my favourites.

Compliments and a huge word of thanks to my photographer, Bezi. 
Photo Credit: Nyembezi Phiri
(saved from Whatsapp)

No comments:

Post a Comment